After a 3 year process, we have just adopted our baby girl from Taiwan. We enjoyed a wonderful trip and are now home. So, here’s our sweetie – Lacey!Lacey is now the Princess of our home and has 4 doting brothers who can’t get enough of her.
Archives for April 2010
I really didn’t disappear on you, well maybe I did for a little while. I am in Taiwan where my husband and I have just adopted a baby girl. This has been a 3 year process and we are really excited to be bringing her home. Just thought I’d let you know our good news and will be back to posting in a few days! The picture above is the view from Taipei 101, where my husband and I ate lunch.
For today only, save 20% off all orders at Barefoot Tess when you enter coupon code “20OFF”. They are my favorite pick for women’s large size shoes. Sale ends today, April 14th.
I was sent an email from Laura, requesting help for her Mother.
“Mom is a “mature” woman looking for stylish age appropriate clothing. She is tired of only being able to find low-cut, hip slung pants and needs some ideas on how to dress in classic pieces. She wears a size 18, is 6’3″ and has wide hips.”
Here is a visual of what I recommend. The following pieces can all be mixed and matched to create different looks.:
- Coldwater Creek’s tab sleeve cardigan – I have this lightweight cardigan. It is a hip length, has a nice shape and I love the roll sleeves as they hit me right above the elbow.
- For jeans, I recommend a wide leg trouser style. They will balance out wide hips and still look hip. Get them in a flattering dark wash, and free of nicks or abrasions. The pair above is a pair of custom made jeans from Indi Denim. If you want the above style it is in their design vault as “Dark Trouser Fit” designed by DTF. It has a wide leg, average waist, wide leg and 3″ cuff.
- Any of Eddie Bauer’s wrinkle resistant tall shirts are always a great option in classic styles that will look beautiful for years to come. I especially like the 3/4 sleeve styles.
- Eddie Bauer’s mercer fit wrinkle-resistant tall pants have a 35″ inseam, are fuller through the hip and thigh and are wrinkle-resistant – they will always look terrific.
- eShakti sells affordable custom made clothing for women. Their flowing tops and tunics are stylish for all ages. You can customize the length and size and even change the sleeves to whatever style you love.
- Chadwick’s straight-leg pants are also a nice shape for wider hips. They have a bit of stretch for comfort.